Home

Thursday, March 10, 2011

There is power in the "doing"

    I read a scripture this morning in the Book of Mormon found in 3 Nephi chapter 27 verse 21 In which Christ says, "Verily, Verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;..." It reminded me of the scripture in Matthew chapter 7 verse 21, where Christ says, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; But he that doeth the will of my father which is in heaven." 
    As I read these scriptures I thought of how often Christ asked us to follow Him. As we follow His perfect example we become like Him. Through repentance and the mercy of our Heavenly Father, we can be washed clean of all our sins and mistakes. In doing what the Lord has commanded us to do and through repentance, we are becoming more like Him.
    Too often can others proclaim faith in Jesus Christ and live a life without following His commandments. Faith has everything to do with doing! If we never do His will, we will never become like Him. President Thomas S. Monson, the living prophet today, continues to invite others to follow Christ's example and become like Him. He has said, "Let each of us learn of Him, believe in Him, trust in Him, follow Him, obey Him. By so doing, we can become like Him."
    I know that as I do the Lord's will and obey His commandments, I can enter into His kingdom of heaven and I can be happy in this life as I prepare for it.

2 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This concept is so true! When you just take that leap of faith and become Christlike, your life changes instantly. You are happier. You feel better about yourself and everything around you. And you are serving the Lord. There is no better way to live your life!

    ReplyDelete