Home

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Finding the power of hope

There was a time early on my mission that I was blessed with the opportunity to teach a younger lady who was going through a lot of rough times. I remember as my fellow missionaries and I helped her slowly get rid of her bad habbits and as she got rid of them, she found so much happiness, it often brought us to tears. She really found so much hope in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Satan really worked on getting her down though, and it seemed like everything that could go wrong went wrong. She wanted to do things right and to get away from her old life, however it kept pulling her back. It is sometimes hard to keep hope in situations like that. Imagine how the Savior felt as he went through what he went through. What a powerful example of keeping hope. He knew there was something better then giving up and that his Heavenly Father loved him and was watching over him. We can have that same comfort as we go through trials. This young lady was able to hold on, through her trials, and it blessed her life because she did not give up. It saved her life as she held on to what she knew to be true, even though her situation made it seem hopeless. 
It is an honor to bring this hope to those who need it. I have hope through my savior Jesus Christ that I will one day live with him and my Heavenly Father again and that I will be clean of all sins and be released from my burdens, sorrows, and fears. I know it.
I love this video because it expresses how I feel towards the power of hope, I hope you enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment