Home

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Church on Sunday

          Sunday is the day we worship the sabbath. Every member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints goes to church on Sunday to their local church building. Each congregation is called a ward. Wards are divided up by boundaries and 6-10 wards are collectively called a stake.
          When I go to the Franklin LDS church building I attend the Winstead Hill ward. It meets at 11:00AM. Every time I go I feel like I am part of a big family. Each of us care for each other and are learning about our Father in Heaven and His plan for us here on earth. We are concerned for each other's welfare and spiritual well-being. Anyone is welcome to come and visit and I am positive they would feel comfortable attending. The Book of Mormon teaches us by example what Christ church should do; "And the church did meet together oft, to fast and to pray, and to speak one with another concerning the welfare of their souls." (Moroni 6:5)
          I would hate to go through a week without first attending church on Sunday. I have found that as I go to church, the Lord blesses the rest of my life through out the week. I had, once before while I was in college, attempted to miss church for a lame reason that I had felt sick. As my ride left to church with out me, I immediately began to feel regret and the rest of my day was spent with a negative feeling of guilt. My week following was nothing special and I had difficulty being myself. That next Sunday I made sure I was at church, I couldn't afford another week without the blessings from the Lord for coming to His church and worshiping Him. 
        The Lord's church is on the earth today, come and see and feel the truth of it by attending a local LDS church. You will see the blessings come into your life, as I have, when you come to His church.  



Visit Us!


No comments:

Post a Comment